As I improve my cooking skills, I noticed that cooking and music are analogous:
- Using someone else’s recipe = playing a cover song.
- Making your own recipe = writing your own song.
- Slotted spoon, mandoline, spatula, etc. = Mics, stands, cords, etc.
- Salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, etc. = Guitar, piano, vocals, etc.
- Cilantro, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, etc. = reverb, delay, effects pedals, etc.
- A nice, juicy, pasture-raised chicken with minimal seasoning = folk .
- A fiery, fatty ribeye = the blues.
- A bar burger = rock.
- A vegan salad topped with quinoa = new age.
- Eggs with chopped ghost peppers = heavy metal.
- Pop rocks = electronica.
- A complicated stew with many ingredients = jazz.
- Fast food = pop.
- Taste preferences = Listening preferences.
Just some food for thought! Oh…sorry…